1. What is a SPArty? A SPArty is a party set within the privacy, comfort and convenience of your own home, office, or location of your choice in which many of the full-services that are offered in a traditional day spa, such as massages, facial treatments, and hand & feet treatments are brought directly to your desired location to enjoy in a group setting with friends and family. Unlike other traditional home parties or with private practitioners, SPArties promotes services, rather than products. A SPArty can be its own individual spa party event or it's also a great addition to any other celebration. Just like hiring a caterer, DJ or other form of entertainment, set up "spa stations" so your guests can enjoy SPArties services too! Additionally, SPArties offers a convenient but unique way to accommodate wellness and nurturing at its best with a touch of indulged pampering - providing robes, slippers, linens, music, lighting, aromatherapy, and a dedicated spa staff to completely manage your event - we bring it all! Most importantly, what makes SPArties unique is that we bring the services AND the spa setting to you!
2. How does a SPArty work? SPArties is just like ordering take-out delivery meals or setting up a catered buffet, except you are ordering spa services, rather than food. After reviewing our menu and making your selections in advance, the hostess contacts SPArties to reserve the date and order the tickets for the guests, then we do the rest - bringing the full spa experience to your desired location! From organizing the entire spa portion of your event, to personally attending and supervising the experience, we take care of everything from setting the spa scene to bringing an experienced staff and top quality services right to your location.
3. Where do you park the truck, do I have to go outside in my robe? SPArties is NOT a truck, van or mobile home. We are a service that sets up the spa party directly on the premises of your location, either inside or outside, transforming YOUR location into a spa.
4. How big of a space do I need to hold a SPArty? No location is too small or too large - our experts have transformed even one room studios into a spa! SPArties have been held in private homes, apartments, offices, hotels, hospitals, restaurants & catering halls, outdoor festivals - even on boats!
5. How many guests do I need to have a SPArty? All you need is a few and we bring the day spa to you! Rather than a guest limit, if you want a Complete Spa Party, there is a 2 hour time minimum on each category of service, and $500 in services for SPArties to come out. For just per techs by the hour, we simply have a 2 hour time limit per tech, along with a $200 minimum in services (each tech) per order. We've done SPArties for 2 to 502 and more! For the safety of our staff, service for individuals that have never SPArtied before is not available in all states, and those in which we do, are serviced mostly by male technicians only. Please see our reservation policy for further information on minimums.
6. Who provides the services? SPArties staff is among the finest in the industry. We provide only insured, licensed therapists and certified specialists in their field, as required by law. You can expect professionalism and quality assurance - all services and products are salon grade, linens are always clean and SPArties staff is well educated, experienced, reliable and courteous.
7. How many technicians do you bring to each SPArty? Each SPArty is different and the amount of staff at each event is dependant on a number of factors, including your final headcount, duration of the SPArty, duration of the services and the types of services you are receiving; however just so there is nothing for you to worry about, SPArties provides the appropriate amount of staff we feel you need to meet all of your event requirements. In the mean time - remember it's a party...leave room for food, drink, chit-chat and most of all fun!
8. What type of equipment do you bring, how does it all work? SPArties licensed and certified technicians use the same equipment they would to provide you with the quality treatments you receive in a traditional stationary spa. When you reserve your SPArty, our team of experts will meet with you, in advance, to design your complete location makeover. Click here to see all that's included in a Complete SPArty.
9. Why do I need to hire SPArties rather than just planning a spa party on my own? SPArties is a licensed and insured mobile spa party business. Licensing and certifications are required by law in many states and SPArties has carefully screened all of our staff to ensure licensing, certification, insurance and reliability. Additionally, our staff is experienced in the complete coordination and management of your entire event, from concept to completion. SPArtiers receive many extras that private practitioners are unable to provide, and with SPArties you can rest assured that we will show up for your event, be on time, and provide only the highest quality services and treatments for you and your guests.
10. Who are SPArties for? Can men have them too? SPArties accommodates those that are looking for the convenience of enjoying the pampering we ALL deserve. Not only for women, SPArties accommodates men as well, and those of many ages, colors and creed - from "Joe Average" to "Joe Millionaire." SPArties are perfect for private home parties, wedding or baby showers, bachelorette parties, birthdays, anniversaries - just because or anything at all! SPArties are also a great addition to corporate events and socials such as grand openings, product launches, open houses, conferences, fundraisers, and award recognitions. Gift Certificates or advance ticket sales are available and a SPArty is a perfect way to say thank-you or show someone how special they are! Visit our gift Ideas page for suggestions.
11. Do you provide SPArties for children? SPArties minimum age requirement is 16 years old with a parental consent form. Children 16 years of age or younger may attend adult SPArties only if they are accompanied by a parent or guardian who is also having services.
12. How much does a SPArty cost? SPArties offers a variety of pricing for you to choose from - smaller parties serving less than 15 guests, larger group rates, or you may hire our technicians by the hour or have your SPArty custom designed to suit your own specific needs at no additional cost! We also offer periodic specials for you and your guests to enjoy and can customize your own package according to any theme or interest. Additionally, all of our prices include gratuities for our entire staff, so there is nothing for you to worry about at your event. Contact us and let us work with you to design the perfect SPArty just for you and your friends or view our complete menu here.
13. What do I get with a SPArty? In addition to the quality technicians and services we provide, SPArties reaches all 5 senses - site, sound, smell, taste, and of course... touch! Our Complete SPArty Setup includes a number of amenities that you traditionally do not receive by simply hiring a an individual private practitioner, such as a massage therapist, on your own. Click here to see what's included with every Complete SPArty.
14. Do you have services that are appropriate for corporate events and won't mess our hair or make-up? Absolutely! Our signature Spa ReTREATment service is a corporate event favorite, along with chair massage, reflexology, hand & foot massage or head and neck massage - all of which do not require disrobing, and are designed to keep hair and make-up in tact! Please see our menu for a complete description of each service.
15. Why won't you provide manicures and pedicures when there other companies that do? It is ILLEGAL to perform Manicures/Pedicures (considered cosmetology) and certain facials outside of a stationary salon/spa, particularly in FL & NJ. In compliance with various state laws and to maintain our high-quality standards, as well as for our customers' safety, SPArties does NOT perform those particular services. As a consumer, please be aware that any other mobile operation doing so is performing them ILLEGALLY and has not passed an inspection and therefore, you are at a greater risk for unsanitary conditions and the spread of infection, including HIV, AIDS and tuberculosis. Although the technicians themselves or the STATIONARY salon in which they operate in may be "licensed," YOUR location, or the establishment in which the nail services are going to be provided in, must pass an inspection and be a 'licensed nail salon/shop" in order to have any nail services done there. Most private homes, hotels and businesses do not undergo such inspections and therefore, do not carry such a license. Please note that in addition to charging you for illegal services, they are also subject to large fines and cease and desist actions towards their business and possibly your event. You may read more about this from the Department of Consumer Affairs or the official statutes from the Cosmetology Board Regulations (see page 25, statutes 45:5,B-8 & B-9) or information on the licensing of home based nail salons by clicking here (see page 5 #19). In lieu of those services, SPArties provides a number of fabulous treatments for your enjoyment. Click here to view our menu of services.
16. What types of food or beverage can I serve at my SPArty? Since a SPArty is a party in your own location, you are free to eat or drink whatever you are most comfortable with. It is not limited to spa cuisine; however massage accelerates the intoxicating effects of alcohol, so we ask that each guest that is having services postpones their consumption of it until after their individual services are complete and that they drink plenty of water to release any toxins from their system. SPArties reserves the right to refuse service to any guest that presents inappropriate behavior or is intoxicated. Your goal is to relax and have fun - we say go for the chocolate cake and pizza is that's what you prefer!
17. Where are SPArties offered? SPArties services all of South Florida, New Jersey and portions of New York City, Philadelphia, and Southern Connecticut, or we will travel to any location you desire, nationwide, for an additional fee. Additionally one of our affiliated SPArtners are able to service major cities across the US.
18. How far in advance do I have to book a SPArty? Similar to any other entertainment service, it is recommended that purchase your tickets well in advance, and reserve your SPArty date a minimum of 6-8 weeks ahead of time. Prime bridal and holiday seasons may require additional notice. Our goal is to provide you with the maximum dedication for your event: therefore, we ask for your commitment in advance in order to allow our specialists the preparation time they need for production. We will always do our best to accomodate requests on short notice; however, SPArties reservations with less than 30 days notice may be subject to additional rush fees. Please see our reservation policy for further information.
19. Why do I have to pay in advance, when I go to a regular spa I don't have to? As previously stated, SPArties prides itself in producing top quality on-site spa parties that require a significant amount of pre-production work prior to the actual event itself, and unlike stationary spas that you travel to, since SPArties is a hospitality service that comes to you, advance ticket purchase is required. Additionally, SPArties staff does not carry cash, nor process any payments on site; therefore, upon the receipt of your contract, a final date will be determined, based upon the date of your event, in which your balance is due in advance... leaving you nothing to worry about at your event - including gratuities!
The Original On-Site Spa Specialists...SPArties® Mobile Spa Brings the Day Spa To You!
CONTRAINDICATIONS: There are some medical conditions that are not compatible with spa treatments - serious cardiac conditions and blood clots; skin disease, wounds, or tumors; cancer and tuberculosis; fever, and fractures or dislocations. Please consult with your physician regarding any medical concerns prior to your spa services. SPArties is not liable for any lost, stolen or damaged goods to any property or clients.